Tuesday, January 24, 2012

C r a f t B r e a k : S a l t S c r u b



Here is a quick and easy homemade gift.  I made about a dozen jars of this salt scrub to give as little gifts at Christmas, but it would be great to give all year round.  I used this "recipe".  For my first batch I chose grape seed oil and for the second batch I used safflower oil.  Not sure which one I liked better. The pros of grape seed oil is that it is a tad more viscous, but it also has a stronger smell than safflower oil.  The essential oils and scents I used are easy to find at stores that sell soap making products, like Hobby Lobby.  To really finish off the gift attach a small spoon that can be used to scoop out the scrub.  I enjoy using salt scrub on my hands in the winter because it exfoliates and moisturizes so well.

No comments: