Sunday, December 22, 2013

F o o d i e : P e p p e r m i n t M o c h a C r e a m e r


Peppermint mochas are definitely one of my favorite sweet coffee drinks (even winning out over pumpkin spice lattes). I wanted to make them at home so I decided to make my own pumpkin spice creamer! Here's how to make your own:

You'll need 2 cups of milk base (I used 1c half and half and 1 c milk but you can use any milk base you'd like! Even almond milk would work.) Pour this in a small saucepan, add 3 tablespoons of high quality unsweetened cocoa powder and 1/4 c of sugar. Whisk this and heat over medium until steaming and sugar is dissolved.  Remove from heat and add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1 teaspoon peppermint extract. I store my creamer in a mason jar in the fridge. 
Add a few tablespoons to your coffee and enjoy! If you're feeling extra indulgent, top with whipped cream and sprinkles :)

No comments: